Certified Arborist in Atlanta
Professional consulting for trees, shrubs and plants
An Arborist is a specialist in the care of individual trees – you can compare an Arborist to a “tree doctor”. Arborists are knowledgeable about the needs of trees and are trained and equipped to provide proper care. An Arborist can help decide whether a tree should be removed or simply trimmed back.
Proper tree care is an investment that can lead to substantial returns. Well-cared-for trees are attractive and can add considerable value to your property. Poorly maintained trees can be a significant liability. Pruning or removing trees, especially large trees, can be dangerous work and should always be supervised by certified Arborist.
Tree trimming and pruning
An Arborist can determine the type of tree pruning necessary to maintain or improve the health, appearance, and safety of trees. These techniques include:
- eliminating branches that rub each other
- removing limbs that interfere with wires, building facades, gutters, roofs, chimneys, or
windows, or that obstruct streets or sidewalks
- removing dead or weak limbs that pose a hazard or may lead to decay
- removing diseased or insect-infested limbs
- creating better structure to lessen wind resistance and reduce the potential for storm damage
- training young trees
- removing limbs damaged by adverse weather conditions
- removing branches, or thinning, to increase light penetration
- improving the shape or form of the tree
Although tree removal is a last resort, there are circumstances when it is necessary. An Arborist can help decide whether a tree should be removed. Arborists’ have the skills and equipment to safely and efficiently remove trees. Removal is recommended when the tree:
- is dead or dying
- is considered irreparably hazardous or dangerous
- is causing an obstruction that is impossible to correct through pruning
- is crowding and causing harm to other trees
- is to be replaced by a more suitable specimen
- is located in an area where new construction requires removal
Emergency Tree Care
Storms may cause limbs or entire trees to fall, often landing on other trees, homes and other structures, or cars. The weight of storm-damaged trees is great, and they can be dangerous to remove or trim. An Arborist can assist in performing the job in a safe manner, while reducing further risk of damage to property.
Our Arborist can recommend types of trees that are appropriate for Georgia. The wrong tree in the wrong location could lead to future problems as a result of limited growing space, insects, diseases, or poor growth. All Tree Experts can then do the planting for you.
Atlanta Arborist Services
Our Arborist can also provide a variety of other tree care services, including:
- plant health care and maintenance planning
- tree fertilization and watering
- tree cabling and bracing for new trees or weak trees
- aeration to improve root growth
- installation of lightning protection systems
- spraying or injecting to control certain insect and disease problems
Arborist Certified Reports
Arborist reports are used for a variety of purposes. An Arborist report is the formal opinion of a certified Arborist on the health and condition of a tree/s or a report on site conditions that effect the trees or the tree’s canopy. A formal Arborist report can only be written by a Certified Arborist.
The most common purpose for these Independent reports written by our Arborist is to obtain a permit for the pruning or removal of a tree or describing the condition of your trees and the action needed to correct any defects. Most other uses include but are not limited to: personal injury lawsuits, property development plans, property purchase negotiations, neighbor dispute resolution, insurance claims, and the city condemning hazardous trees. These reports are often used in insurance claims, property development plans, tree permits, and many other uses.
Cost for a Certified Arborist in Atlanta
Call us today 770-912-4033 to request an Arborist Consultation or use our contact form.